Wednesday, November 19, 2014

grow



These past couple of weeks have honestly been the best I've had since the spring. {apart from a wonderful girls' trip with my sweet Momma!}. Mentally, I've been in a place I wouldn't have expected to be for quite some time. I don't know how to really explain it other than I've somehow crossed over from KNOWING God is going to take care of me to actually BELIEVING it and beginning to feel a type of healing that only He can provide.

I was at the hospital last Wednesday when one of my sweetest and truest friends in the entire world gave birth to her sweet baby girl. Taylor Maurer is a MOMMY!!!

It's obvious that this child is going to grow up to be a comedian, or at the very least, the class clown. Maybe she'll just be that quiet girl with the ever-so-clever, dry remarks. :) I hope she's just like her momma in a thousand ways. I hope that she creates a life full of laughter; one that is able to shrug a lot of negativity off to the side and find a way to enjoy life's simplest moments. I hope she finds people to have deep meaningful conversations with while walking around dark parking lots, takes road trips while belting Celine, and has friends that are close enough to be totally cool with greeting them with her leg wrapped around them. If Millie is anything like her mom, she will be honest, considerate, confident, and able to admit when she is wrong. She will compliment and build others up and have impeccable taste in fashion and home decor.

I want you to know something, Millie.  Life is wonderful! It really is! You are going to continue experiencing the love that one can only know in a Christian home. Not all kids are as lucky as you. You're going to have a lot of fun times with your family. Enjoy every second! They've prayed so many prayers for you and your safe arrival. They are going to do their best to raise you the way God intends for them to. {You'll only do what they let you get away with, right Tay?!} ;)

Unfortunately, there are some heartbreaking aspects of this life. You will experience hurt, pain, betrayal, and if you live long enough, loss. My prayer is that you will begin building your faith from a very early age and have confidence that The Lord is with you every step of the way.

Ahh, the circle of life. I would've never imagined that Bradford would never lay eyes on the little peanut I so excitedly told him about. The one I learned about while mindlessly shopping in TJ Maxx, suddenly bursting into tears and holding my blonde babe of a pal! Although I am still experiencing some pretty painful moments, I am thankful for the way in which I can see God answering prayers. I'm thankful for the insight I've gained and the ability I've received in being able to better understand the big picture. Don't misunderstand...acceptance does not = easy days from here on out.  It doesn't mean I'm okay with it or prefer it, either. I'm attempting to do what I have my students echo daily: "Try your best to be your best." My best may look different tomorrow or next month, but know that it's my best effort.

So Millie, my wish to you is that each and every day you will try your best to be your best! :) Aunt Britt loves you SO much!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness what a sweet letter to Millie!!! I hope Taylor prints that out for her baby book because that is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete