Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Happy Place :)


For since the beginning of the world Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, Nor has the eye seen any God besides You, Who acts for the one who waits for Him. Isaiah‬ ‭64‬:‭4‬

I've been many places in the past 13 months. There have been times of constant pain and grief, and there have been times of laughter and joy. I've experienced some pretty dark and scary valleys, and today I experienced my highest high {literally!}.

I don't know about you, but I'm a pretty visual thinker. Whenever I've been down in the dumps, I've had to go to my happy place. This usually consists of going to encouraging scriptures, praying, reading helpful quotes, or dreaming of what lies ahead. Want to know what I picture each and every time I go to my happy place?

This.

{Wouldn't you know that I'm having trouble uploading to blogger while in TZ! All of the words on the site are written in Swahili!😁 I'll update this post soon! See the pic in the comments on Facebook.}

The Ngorongoro Crater is a place I visited for the first time in 2005. It is such a magnificent place...a place with God's fingerprints all over it. Although the entirety of the crater is chock full of beauty, there's something perfectly breathtaking about this one spot along the exit route. There's something about the dark shade of the green trees angling to form this stunning "V." There's something about the way the bright blue of the sky, freckled with frothy white clouds, meets the blue of the water below, gently fading to the light green of the grass. 

Every time I've been here I've been overcome with love for God and in awe of His majesty. The God who created the entire world in six days took the time for the intricacies of this masterpiece. The God who sent His Son to die for ALL of our sins has the power to form every hill, grow every tree, and care for each animal. THAT'S THE SAME GOD THAT LOVES ME! THAT'S the same God who works in mysterious ways to provide for me. That's the same God who wants ME to spend eternity with Him! And you know what? It's the same God who loves you and wants the same for YOU! It blows my mind that as beautiful as this place is, it doesn't begin to represent what awaits us in heaven!

Moments like these aren't soon, if ever, forgotten. They put things in perspective and help in times of doubt and despair. Traveling can shrink and humble us; we're so small in this great big world. That's something cool that I've grown to love about God...He's greater than it ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment